Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane Ida
Well we finally have power back and a handy dandy hotspot for interwebs.  Spectrum is up and down, mostly down, the last few days.  

Still have a few trees to cut up in the back yard, piles out by the street getting bigger and bigger by the day.

Very limited damage to the house, may have to have a new roof put on before its all said and done.

House across the street had heavy damage, tree fell on back roof and opened up a hole large enough to drive a car through.

Office came through without a scratch, we lost WAN for about 8 hours during the height of the storm even with 2 segregated fiber networks into the building, but I'll take an 8 hour outage any day of the week over the 3 months without connectivity after Katrina.

I'm off to the office to do some work but I'll catch up when things stabilize here a bit more.

Tugboatcap
[b][i]"It's always funny until someone loses an eye!"[/i][/b]
(09-11-2021, 10:37 AM)Tugboatcap Wrote: Well we finally have power back and a handy dandy hotspot for interwebs.  Spectrum is up and down, mostly down, the last few days.  

Still have a few trees to cut up in the back yard, piles out by the street getting bigger and bigger by the day.

Very limited damage to the house, may have to have a new roof put on before its all said and done.

House across the street had heavy damage, tree fell on back roof and opened up a hole large enough to drive a car through.

Office came through without a scratch, we lost WAN for about 8 hours during the height of the storm even with 2 segregated fiber networks into the building, but I'll take an 8 hour outage any day of the week over the 3 months without connectivity after Katrina.

I'm off to the office to do some work but I'll catch up when things stabilize here a bit more.

Tugboatcap

Thanks for checking in. Glad to hear y'all are doing okay. Yeah, I recall Katrina as well. We were without power for about a month. That was brutal.
I had it scheduled before Ida but I had carpel tunnel release surgery on my right hand Last week. After using computers and considering my profession for most of the last 43 years, I guess it was inevitable. That and being a PC Gamer since the days of Wolfenstein and Doom didnt help either…Left hand scheduled for November. Its a bitch getting old.
[b][i]"It's always funny until someone loses an eye!"[/i][/b]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hurricane Nate Tugboatcap 7 12,016 10-12-2017, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Tugboatcap
  Hurricane Isaac SUCKS! Tugboatcap 3 8,448 08-31-2012, 11:46 AM
Last Post: PinkLisa