The Breast Enhancement Archive

Full Version: cant upload an avatar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever I try to upload a new avatar I get one of 2 error messages, if I use a URL from my hosting site I get this error:

[i]Please correct the following errors before continuing:

The URL you entered for your avatar does not appear to be valid. Please ensure you enter a valid URL.[/i]

which makes no sense as it IS a valid URL as I use the same hosting site for the images and gif images I post in the forum.

Now if I try to upload one from my HD (image or gif) I get this error:

The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again.[/i]

I have tried JPEG and GIF (only ones I have ever used) and they don't let me, I tried deleting my avatar all that granted me was an empty space where it was. I am an admin I have full control over what can and cannot be changed in the forum but this is something I cannot seem to fix on my end if any of you guys are having similar troubles please let me know.

Agent "currently avatarless Sad" Dee
Cool
UPDATE: I tried signing out and back in as well as clearing my cookies no luck

AD
Cool

PS: tried different browser, same deal Sad
Issue was fixed. It looks like we went over the server quota. I guess we overloaded the server with too many big boobs.
I see that that is why when it comes to gif images I host em myself but when I could not even upload a static image I was like WTF, glad it is okay now Smile

AD
Cool
Well, when you were attempting to change your avatar, despite being local or remote, it would still have to write back to the local system. If it couldn't write back to the local side, then it'd just fail. Just guessing on that though.
yeah for some reason I cant make it bigger (it appears the right size in my profile) but when posted its tiny, shrugs.

AD
Cool
fixed it for some reason it was set to 70x70 in one of the settings I put it back to the 150x150 and also set it up so if anybody tries to upload one bigger it will 'reduce' it automatically.

AD
Cool
well I hate to bump an old thread but when I try to update my avatar via a link to it in my hosting site I get this error:

The URL you entered for your avatar does not appear to be valid. Please ensure you enter a valid URL.[/i]

I tried the usual tricks, logging out and back in no luck. I just cannot upload one via a link from my hosting site. I can upload it from my PC but some of my avatars are to big file wise to be uploaded directly hence my hosting account. Any suggestions would be MOST helpful, thanks guys.

AD
Cool

PS I tried uploading one directly and now I get this error again:

[i]The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again. [/i]

I was just trying to upload a gif, which I have done tons of times the site just does not want me having a custom avatar??
Would you mind sharing the link to your avatar? Please PM if you need to. I will look into the issue.
it was this one, and I have used it in the past and was able to use it.

http://filefap.com/files/2902515_trojy/m...%20gif.gif

and when I tried to upload it directly I would get the other error

AD
Cool
Just a quick notice, the picture is over 9MB large. Is there a smaller version of the file?
(06-24-2015, 12:19 PM)JustSomeone Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick notice, the picture is over 9MB large. Is there a smaller version of the file?

d'oh I posted the original gif which is that big the avatar is only 6 and change here it is:

http://filefap.com/files/3719745_xdklz/m...avatar.gif

AD
Cool
BUMP: tried to update my avatar again today and got that URL invalid error again I am trying to upload this one, no worky

[Image: XUzxgNX.gif]

AD
Cool
We're going to have to buy a new server soon, or some extra SSD capacity.
I know I had issue with my FF.com URL maybe cause they were too long but imgur (a temp one till I find a better one) has naturally short ones but still same issue oh well.

AD
Cool