The Breast Enhancement Archive

Full Version: Implant Improvements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right now, we have 4 main types of breast implants in our pervue.

1. Saline. A silicone shell bag filled with salt water, the same salinity as what is in the human body and also happens to be the same salinity as the sea. It's a rather simple inflatable water balloon.

2. Silicone. Again, a silicone shell filled with silicone gel to a specified volume and not inflatable.

3. Hybrid. Silicone with a water balloon pocket in the center that allows for further filling or expansion whilst still having the more 'natural' feel of silicone gel.

4. PPP - not readily available but the use of suture material (medical stitches), balled up and implanted into the breast in a 'pocket' or 'cavity' from another implant type. Keeps expanding ad inifinitum, as far as we know.

Now then... time for something new. Saline never feels right. It's hard and cold and does not shape very nicely.

Medical Bonecrackery to the rescue!!!

Why don't implant manufacturers come up with a saline implant tha has been built around a semi-teardrop shaved medical-grade sponge? It would help offset the weight of saline as well, since the sponge wold take up a lot of volume that normally would need to be filler by saline, this would reduce the weight in the implants plus help them maintain a nice shape.

You thoughts, folks?
I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV! :->

Seriously BC, it all sounds plausible but what would the U.S. Dept. of Consumer Affairs, as well as all other countries (such as Germany) have to say about their approval of such a thing, and how long would that take?
I dunno, bb, I'm just musing on possible improvements and ideas in hopes that someone might consider them some day.
I certainly agree with and endorse the premise of the idea. Any ladies care to share their thoughts on it?
well, we would need a medical manufacturing company to take the idea and test it, but it sounds plausible for it to work in real life.
(03-15-2014, 05:04 PM)Bonecracker Wrote: [ -> ]Right now, we have 4 main types of breast implants in our pervue.

1. Saline. A silicone shell bag filled with salt water, the same salinity as what is in the human body and also happens to be the same salinity as the sea. It's a rather simple inflatable water balloon.

Not really on topic, but sorry I need to step in here.

The salinity in the expanders is 0.9%. The sea has another salinity of about 3.5%. Depending which ocean or sea we speak of or if strong rainfall influence the body of water it varies between 3.2% and 3.7%.

Still it is possible that the 0.9% of salinitiy we find in life forms is an reminiscent of the salinity of sea water when the first life forms on earth has formed about 3800 billion years ago. These first indirect indication of biological carbon exists in gneissic rocks of Isua formation on Greenland.
Nothing wrong with a BIT OF SCIENCE.!!! only 0.9% salinity in expander solution? Hmm... what about the human body?

p.s. 3800 billion years ago is 3.8 trillion years ago (US) or 38 quadrillion years ago (UK) Typo?

Life may have started here 3,800,000,000 years ago. doubtful it was 3,800,000,000,000 or 3,800,000,000,000,000 years ago.
0.9% is what the human body is normally, thus the reason most saline solution is also that salinity.

Interesting side note, if an implant is filled with a higher salinity solution, they will slowly expand by themselves with water in the body moving through the semi-permiable membrane (silicone shell) in an attempt to equalize the salinity inside and outside of the implant via osmosis. There is a company that has self expanding implants which fill naturally using this very process, although I don't think they are available in the US yet...

TugboatCap!
That sounds very promising. So, in fact, a woman could get saline expander implants, get a 5% saline solution to use for fills and they would also continue to expand on their own?
(03-18-2014, 12:51 PM)Tugboatcap Wrote: [ -> ]0.9% is what the human body is normally, thus the reason most saline solution is also that salinity.

Interesting side note, if an implant is filled with a higher salinity solution, they will slowly expand by themselves with water in the body moving through the semi-permiable membrane (silicone shell) in an attempt to equalize the salinity inside and outside of the implant via osmosis. There is a company that has self expanding implants which fill naturally using this very process, although I don't think they are available in the US yet...

TugboatCap!
Presumably that could be estimated fairly accurately, so there's less chance of a ban for being unpredictable, growing at different rates, tearing stictches etc?

(03-18-2014, 01:13 PM)Bonecracker Wrote: [ -> ]That sounds very promising. So, in fact, a woman could get saline expander implants, get a 5% saline solution to use for fills and they would also continue to expand on their own?
Presumably if it absorbs one way then I assume it would absorb the other way as well. That said I suppose it depends on whether it's an actual a bodily function to equalise it (as the implants themselves obviously don't have bodily functions so couldn't equalise backwards) or if it's just something that happens. I should probably remember that from school, but like many things, I don't.
Well, the highly compressed medical sponge inside a silicone shell that has a 4% or 5% saline solution already in it might prove to be very interesting 'growth' technology too! Until gene therapy takes over, of course.
(03-18-2014, 05:19 PM)Bonecracker Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the highly compressed medical sponge inside a silicone shell that has a 4% or 5% saline solution already in it might prove to be very interesting 'growth' technology too! Until [u][b]gene therapy[/b][/u] takes over, of course.

I actually subscribe more to the "Jeans Therapy" theory wherein viewing these highly foxxxy models with enormous gargantuan bolt-on funbags causes growth spurts of its own, via my jeans.
^^LOL totally welcome off-topic diversion!
(03-18-2014, 05:11 AM)andrat2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Still it is possible that the 0.9% of salinitiy we find in life forms is an reminiscent of the salinity of sea water when the first life forms on earth has formed about 3800 billion years ago. These first indirect indication of biological carbon exists in gneissic rocks of Isua formation on Greenland.

yep that's a typo, in reality it should be 3800 Million years ago

A common mistake in the US is to say 1000 Million = 1 Billion. I don't know where or who told them that, but it is wrong. 1 Billion is obviously 1 million * 1 million = 1 000 000 000 000

Now the Isua evidence is controversial. The rocks there are heavily metamorphosed and most evidence of life from there isn't unequivocal. The oldest real fossils come from Australia tho. And let's remember that life can prosper in many conditions, from distilled water to saltpans.

(03-19-2014, 10:07 AM)bosomblaster Wrote: [ -> ]models with enormous gargantuan bolt-on funbags

I love how that sounds
(03-18-2014, 09:47 AM)Bonecracker Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing wrong with a BIT OF SCIENCE.!!! only 0.9% salinity in expander solution? Hmm... what about the human body?

p.s. 3800 billion years ago is 3.8 trillion years ago (US) or 38 quadrillion years ago (UK) Typo?

Life may have started here 3,800,000,000 years ago. doubtful it was 3,800,000,000,000 or 3,800,000,000,000,000 years ago.
uups sorry. I wanted to talk US numbers (3800 million years) and circumvent the issue of what is a billion in different languages and did that mistake to write billion again ;-) .
I wanted to say 3,800,000,000 years ago.
And in all that time, we still haven;t developed gene therapy to magically give women gigantic boobs... if they want them, that is.
So there is a scientific group that since long (2007/2008) tries to launch a prototyping for breast expander implants with a new shell material:
http://gozips.uakron.edu/~jpuskas/projec...hesis.html

The shell material is polyisobutylene (PIB) which is a biorubber. It is the transparent soft form called TPE that they want to use. The advantage would be it is more elastic, has at maximum an higher tenlile break point, is less permeable than the usual silicone expander shells. And due to the polymersization which is additive-free crosslinking, it has no or very much reduced residuals of other chemicals. There are even a few more features of that material.

The group is still active. In 2013 they had a last update.

Here are a few more links:
http://plasticsurgery101.blogspot.de/200...plant.html
http://www.abcps.com/news/biorubber-brea...w-promise/
http://www.abcps.com/news/breast-implant...s-promise/
http://www.plasticstoday.com/articles/pr...-081420134
http://www.livescience.com/25593-safer-b...f-bts.html
http://www.plasmetic.com/breast/breast-i...licon.html
http://www.emdt.co.uk/article/researcher...-knowledge
Interesting!