Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attending my first convention.
(09-11-2012, 12:31 AM)Ironbeard Wrote: Just got back yesterday. Posting after my first real sleep since then. (had to work the next day. Sad )

Got to meet so many nice creators. Got my picture taken with Stan Lee. Autographs by John Romita and John Romita Jr. A panel with Stan Lee, John Romita and Mark Waid. (Stan Lee was so funny. He and John Romita made a lot of fun of Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko.) Got John Romito Jr to autograph the graphic novel of Spiderman meets Barack Obama. And him and his father to autograph a exclusive Spiderman comic. Sr did the cover and Jr the pages. When Sr saw the Barack Obama GN he picked it up and said.
"did I draw this" I said "No that was your son" He said "good cause there is no way in hell I'm signing this." then he laughed.

Bought this exclusive art book just for the Baltimore Comic Con based on Liberty Meadows that had 20+ artists contribute pages of art for. I got all but 3 to autograph there art. 2 weren't there on the day I was going around and 1 the line was over 100 people lone and the guy was doing sketches for a price and autographs so it would have been hours and the place was closing in 1 hours. For getting at least 20 autographs I was given two original prints and I when and got the artists of prints to autograph them. One was Joseph Michael Linsner. Creator of Dawn. Never read the book but am a fan of his art work.

I got Frank Cho, Liberty Meadows creator to autograph the book. He did the cover and first page. He said I remined him of his favorite wrestler. the Deranged Mankind, Mick Foley. LOL

A big highlight besides meeting and getting my picture with Stan Lee was meeting and chatting with Brian Pulido. He was very nice. I was so suprise he and Frank Cho and Joseph Michael Linsner had no line to meet them. I got to really chat with them. I talk to Brian Pulido both days. Asked him about if Lady Death was based on anyone. It was a mix of Vampira, Elvira, and Marilyn Monroe. I thought it was SaRenna Lee and should him a picture. He admitted she looks just like her. I told SaRenna I met him and she wanted more pictures. So the next day I got him to hold a card that said "Hello SaRenna" He is a very nice guy.
And got him to autograph Lady Death vol 1 graphic novel. I got it at the show for $6

Lots of great costumes. I missed the costume contest. The line to see it was 3 or more blocks long. I would say 2 thousand people. Half way it filled up. twice the number of people then to see the panel with Stan Lee.

Will make up a album later in the week. I'm too tired to sort and post right now. Waiting till my days off. I work...lets just say Hell. And its very tiring. I wish Lady Death was there. LOL.

I looked through and sorted my images but I have a question before I post. I noticed in the background of some of them teenagers and kids. Do you think it be best if I block out them in the images. You know since this is a erotic site.
I’m stlll BFF’s with Whitney. She just don’t use twitter any more and is retired. This is a temporary signature. I need to think of a new one. Maybe I’ll ask Teddi.

Messages In This Thread
Attending my first convention. - by Ironbeard - 09-06-2012, 12:21 AM
RE: Attending my first convention. - by Cutter - 09-06-2012, 06:26 AM
RE: Attending my first convention. - by PinkLisa - 09-07-2012, 02:44 AM
RE: Attending my first convention. - by Ironbeard - 09-09-2012, 11:38 PM
RE: Attending my first convention. - by Ironbeard - 09-11-2012, 12:31 AM
RE: Attending my first convention. - by Ironbeard - 09-14-2012, 12:31 PM
RE: Attending my first convention. - by Ironbeard - 09-15-2012, 03:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time you were on the Internet? Rickypym 11 25,553 01-20-2014, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Djoser