Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real Life gets in the way sometimes...
Been really busy lately with our new building at work and we are days away from having an occupancy permit  and now, even more real life stress and pressure has has been piled on.

As you have probably heard by now, there have been some horrible wildfires in and around the Gatlinburg, TN area.  Mrs. T and I have a cabin up on Ski Mountain that we lease out 15-20 days a month through an agency and block most holidays too. The rental income we get pays the mortgage each month usually. We get up there at least once a month usually and she spends a lot more time up there than I get to.  

The oldest daughter lives about 45 minutes from G'burg (as opposed to 10 hours from our home in SE Louisiana) and Mrs. T can spend time with the grand-kids easily while up there. 

Luckily, neither one of us was up there the last few weeks and no one was renting it this week, especially on Monday, Nov 28th when the fires started.  As of this morning, there were 11 confirmed dead and many more still missing from the fires up there.

As of right now, we have no idea if the cabin is damaged or destroyed and there's not been much information forthcoming out of Gatlinburg on what's been destroyed, especially on private homes, and they have not opened up the area where the cabin is yet and no plans to do so until sometime late next week.

We had planned for our family  spending Christmas and New Years up there this year and now, everything is on hold.

If you're the praying type, say a prayer for all of the folks still missing in the area.   

Picture is the day we bought the cabin and my LR that got destroyed last year... Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[b][i]"It's always funny until someone loses an eye!"[/i][/b]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Real Life gets in the way sometimes... - by Tugboatcap - 12-02-2016, 03:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Real Life Thread Tugboatcap 6 15,851 02-02-2014, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Bonecracker