Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real Life gets in the way sometimes...
(01-24-2017, 04:44 PM)JustSomeone Wrote: Good news indeed. On a lighter note, can you share some details about your datacenter/hardware? I'm personally building out small server room at my house. It powers this site, you know!

We have two identical stacks, one in our main offices and one in a Texas Colo.  Each stack replicates with the other constantly and they have fail over capability in case one of them goes down or has a loss of network connection. 

Each stack has two Cisco high availability servers with 192GB memory each, running a vSphere virtual environment, EMC SAN arrays with total usable capacity of 176TB, 12 - 10GB Cisco and Avaya POE Switches throughout the facilities with all fiber interconnections and backbone. 

Redundant 200mbps fiber internet circuits with load sharing capabilities and 100mbps fiber IPVPN Network between sites and the Colo, both provisioned with BGP Routing (two different providers with totally separate networks that do not touch each other and advertising our Owned /24 IP Block). 

At our main offices here, we have a Quest (formerly Dell) AppAssure Backup/Recovery Array with Rapid Recovery and a 120TB dedicated storage array. 

All in all, we have well over $1,500,000 worth of Hardware and Software involved.

Fun stuff, huh?

Tugboatcap
[b][i]"It's always funny until someone loses an eye!"[/i][/b]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Real Life gets in the way sometimes... - by Tugboatcap - 01-25-2017, 05:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Real Life Thread Tugboatcap 6 15,822 02-02-2014, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Bonecracker