Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Our Love Affair with Magazines, Strippers, etc.
Im back! This old Luddite made a “near-fatal” error when I failed to back-up my external drive. I had never considered that it could go bad. As far as I knew, its function was to keep everything safe, forever!
I had downloaded a spectacular set of shots (over 190) of Busty Heart performing in Austria in 1911. When I tried to call up these new pics, my drive just made clicking noises and I knew I was in trouble. Research suggested that external drives be replaced every couple years. I had used mine for close to ten years so was lucky it lasted as long as it did. My “go-to” computer guy cant retrieve my info and says my only option is to call in the pros which will cost $400 – 1000 with no guarantee that anything can be salvaged. Thats money I just dont have even though I figure I have about $10,000 worth of goodies in the memory, not to mention the priceless personal photos, etc. A couple life-savers: I kept all my original floppy-disks with all my Boob Cruise photos. I had made a thumb drive of all my Chelsea Charms downloads and given it to my brother-in-law. I still have all my music CDs.
Its actually quite fortunate that I had created this thread. Many of the images I used would be gone forever if they didnt exist in this form.
Once I got over the initial body blow, I realized that I actually had had much more material than needed (dont we all?) and using subscriptions wisely (a month at a time, then quit) I could build back my most important files (Beshine, Busty Dusty / Tiffany Towers).
Best of all, I still have the memories of my encounters over the years. If I ever lose those, I probably wouldnt know the difference anyway.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our Love Affair with Magazines, Strippers, etc. - by titzling319 - 11-24-2020, 02:51 PM