Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to upgrade to a bigger hard drive in a PS3
Video 
Since we can post videos in here I thought I would share a few videos for those who own a PS3 and are tired of the too small and crowded hard drive. As you know the PS3 allows you to replace the default internal drive with ANY 2.5" SATA laptop hard drive up to 650 gig (in theory you can go bigger but a lot of the larger capacity drives do not fit inside the PS3's hard drive tray), and best part it does not void any remaining warranty (yay!). I have done this on both the 1st gen (fat) 2nd gen (slim) but not on the 3rd gen (super slim aka current one on the market).

This video covers the whole process from backing up data to swapping drives, to restoring the backed up data onto the new bigger HD in the PS3

this video shows how to swap out the drive on the slim model.

And finally for those who have the current super slim this is how to swap out that hard drive.

FYI with the exception of the actual drive swapping to a bigger drive the whole backing up data and restoring it onto your new bigger drive is the same on ALL 3 versions of the PS3. I have heard of those going bigger than the previously mentioned 650 gig hard drive size, basically as long as the new drive fits inside the tray that holds the old one it WILL work in the PS3, if it does not fit you cannot use it and will have to A: get a smaller capacity drive or a smaller dimension drive. As I said before I have done this on 2 generations of the PS3 so if you have ANY questions feel free to reply here or send me a PM.

AD
Cool
[i]"Well gosh, breast men are the best men, you know, *giggles* I love you all."[/i]
[i]"You know your boobs are too big when a guy stands up to let u thru to your seat and despite him leaning back I boobed him back in his seat."[/i]
Chelsea Charms

[url=http://forum.bearchive.co/thread-99.html]want a custom avatar?[/url]

Special Agent: Dee
MiB; Division 6, NYC

But this site is about bigger boobs, not bigger hard drives!!! Just kidding. I have one of the original 60GB models. I just might wanna look into this.
That is why it was in the off topic section Wink.

AD
Cool
[i]"Well gosh, breast men are the best men, you know, *giggles* I love you all."[/i]
[i]"You know your boobs are too big when a guy stands up to let u thru to your seat and despite him leaning back I boobed him back in his seat."[/i]
Chelsea Charms

[url=http://forum.bearchive.co/thread-99.html]want a custom avatar?[/url]

Special Agent: Dee
MiB; Division 6, NYC