Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USA soccer
USA qualified for World Cup 2014 tonight by beating Mexico 2-0 in Columbus.

It's amazing how far US soccer has come since not even qualifying for World Cup 1986.

Since then, the MLS started in 1995 and we've qualified for every World Cup since.

I'm hoping we can have a breakthrough in Brazil next summer at WC 2014 and at least make it to the Final Four teams.
No offence but I think the best the US team can hope for is a place in the quarter finals which is still a pretty good achievement considering it's still a minority sport over there. Look at England, the quarters are probably the best we can hope for and we invented the game!
Soccer. What a funny word for actual football. LOL

World Cup Football is awesome!
Check out my new story! 
[url=http://forum.bearchive.co/thread-270-post-20860.html#pid20860]http://forum.bearchive.co/thread-270-post-20860.html#pid20860[/url] 
I agree with bone, this is played with the feet, so football is much more appropriate than for the american one ( and the brits still use the right word for the right sport) xD. I wonder who and why the word soccer was invented...
-
-
Skepticism is good, it is the reason why Science progresses. We don't live anymore in the era when a model said she had a 183PPP bra and that was considered a fact by the rest of the mortals.

Welcome to the internet, where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI

If it hurts, it means that you're still living
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/...rd-soccer/
Verry interesting
Check out my new story! 
[url=http://forum.bearchive.co/thread-270-post-20860.html#pid20860]http://forum.bearchive.co/thread-270-post-20860.html#pid20860[/url] 
New FIFA rankings place USA at 13th in the world.

We have the offensive weapons: Jozy Alditore, Eddie Johnson, Clint Dempsey, Landon Donovan.

USA always is a victim of poor officiating because the rest of the world is jealous of America and they don't want America to dominate yet another world sport.

That aside, I'd be happy with a final 8 appearance.

As long as we don't lose to Ghana again! LOL

(Ghana knocked us out of the 2006 WC and the 2010 WC).
And the USA lost to Costa Rica a week ago. People here went crazy. It is funny because while on one hand we always lose in the north when the US team comes here, they always lose XDDDDD even though they are so superior to Costa Rica, according to FIFA.

Also don't make fun of African Teams! the titular team players of those countries are usually composed 100% of players that play in the top European leagues!

(09-13-2013, 12:16 AM)Rickypym Wrote: the rest of the world is jealous of America

Lol, no
-
-
Skepticism is good, it is the reason why Science progresses. We don't live anymore in the era when a model said she had a 183PPP bra and that was considered a fact by the rest of the mortals.

Welcome to the internet, where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI

The home-field advantage in World Cup qualifying matches is well-documented.

Also, many fans from some CONCACAF countries use questionable tactics during games, such as shining lasers on the goal keeper eyes.
As if it was new or exclusive of Costa Rica Tongue
-
-

Group of Death!!

Oh noes!!11

Group G

Ghana -- has knocked the USA out of the prior two World Cups in 2006 & 2010
Germany -- perennial powerhouse; has won two World Cups
Portugal -- has one of world's greatest players, Christiano Ronaldo
USA

USA has it's hands full!

It's so bizarre how the last time USA played Germany in the World Cup in 1990, the current USA head coach Jurgen Klinsmann scored a goal for Germany against USA! Ha ha!

Sadly, I'd say USA has small chance of advancing. First game against Ghana is a must win and we need a lot of luck.
A few yrs ago, I worked for a company that was owned and headquartered in the Netherlands though I worked at an office here in the states.

Of course our President was a Dutchman (the president's always were and have been for the 20 plus yrs this Dutch company has owned the place where I used to work.

I had never cared for or followed soccer much, the World Cup etc... but for those of you who do and know something about it, the team from the Netherlands is usually very good.

The employees over there and the few stateside who were actually Dutch were huge fans and we couldn't help but learn a bit about it and root for the Dutch.
Yes group G is dangerous, group of Death? Nay. Death starts with D!

3 world cup winners!

Uruguay, Italy, England

3 big names vs a tiny country that counts for nothing. They will compete to see who will score more goals. It will be like Tahiti in last confederations cup.

The federatives of my country will be more than happy to exchange their place with the US.
-
-