Poll: Do I have a right to the dogs?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
2 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
I don't know
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad news involving my dogs.
First you should know I'm a huge cat person. And despite what I ever my say I have a very sad live. Long story short years ago my family met with multiple tragedies at once so me and my father have now been living with my brother, sister-in-law, my niece and nephew.

Months ago a friend of my sister-in-law and brother lost her job as well as her husband lost his. They were evicted with two kids and three dogs. They lived with her mother but the dogs couldn't go so it was literal either me and my dad or the pound aka death. It was only suppose to be for a week. That turned into a month. I work full time and my father is disabled. But we managed to take care of them. After a month they (my sister-in-law's friend) found a house. But they couldn't keep the dogs there due to no yard and a fee per dog by the landlord. So they were adandoned. Me and my dad grew to love the dogs. And my cat started to like then too.

Within the whole time (a month) when use keeping the dogs would be temporatry they visited only twice. That was over 5 months ago. It was us or death. Now those bastards call my sister-in-law yesterday and gave her one day notice. They are coming for the dogs. Me and my dad paid for the dogs upkeep 100%. We played with them every day. Loved them and pampered them more than the original owned ever did. I don't want to give them up but I have no choice. I have to work tomorrow. I can't be home to stand up to this. My brother is pissed and I have no idea what he will do. They still have no yard. They just paid some pet fee and now want the dogs back.

What do you think? Don't I have a right to the dogs. No papers were signed granting me ownership so I can't prove I own them. I never got them reregisted. I wish I had. Didn't know in my city they has to otherwise its a $500 fine per dog if I was found out. I think if I fight it I would lose. I know me and my dad are what is best for them. I'm just very sad. More than normal and I have to fight my emotions so I do my job which is so stressful I'm only 5 different pills just to cope (it's complicated. I fucking hate my job. Rather be in an asylum)
I’m stlll BFF’s with Whitney. She just don’t use twitter any more and is retired. This is a temporary signature. I need to think of a new one. Maybe I’ll ask Teddi.
This isn't legal advice, and I'm not a lawyer (just so you know...)

I was in a similar situation, someone dumped their dogs on me. FL state law says if I keep them for two weeks, TWO WEEKS, they are mine, and I am responsible for them.

If you want to keep the dogs, tell the other guys to fuck off.
I believe you have legal title to the animals now, as they are considered property and you have had possession for 6 months - which is the normal time period for any property according to Tort Law (common law as it applies to property). I realize they are living creatures, lives that you value for companionship... but fight this on property/tort law and rights!!

THEY ARE YOURS. No judge can go against it as Tort Law is what you get taught in pre-law. (I did these courses).
Check out my new story! 
[url=http://forum.bearchive.co/thread-270-post-20860.html#pid20860]http://forum.bearchive.co/thread-270-post-20860.html#pid20860[/url] 
I want to fight it but am afraid. It's not my house and my brother and sister-in-law can get in big trouble based on a registration law I learn about a shortly before all this.

Bad enough I get little warning but now no contact to prolong my misery. I luckly still have my dogs and gave them big hugs as soon as I saw them after work. But right now I go to work stressed out not knowing if they will be there when I come back. It's not fair to my father either. He is disabled but still has a life. He is in college (fun) and gets around by bus. He can't wait around all the time for some schmuck to randomly come by and take them away. Neither of use have the phone number. My sister-in-law talks to them by Facebook. And they are being silently now. I hope they remain silent and never come.
I’m stlll BFF’s with Whitney. She just don’t use twitter any more and is retired. This is a temporary signature. I need to think of a new one. Maybe I’ll ask Teddi.
Don't back down from a fight and DO NOT give them ANY indication that you are worried about news of this getting out. They sound like scumbags to me and they'll prey on every weakness they can smell.
Check out my new story! 
[url=http://forum.bearchive.co/thread-270-post-20860.html#pid20860]http://forum.bearchive.co/thread-270-post-20860.html#pid20860[/url] 
I agree. If you want the dogs, keep them. I think it's natural to have concerns about your loved ones, in this case, your dogs. If you give these dogs a good home, then there is no reason for them to leave.

Also, I am not really straight on the story about who exactly is supposed to come get the dogs. But remember, no one can enter your home without your permission. Even your father can refuse entry.