Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lack of magazines?
I'd like to share something with everyone here, and would be interested in any responses.

About 10 or 11 years ago, I started buying my first adult magazines, which were predominantly [i]Score[/i] and [i]Voluptuous[/i] (because I'm a bit off a big boob fan myself).
For YEARS I tried to get these magazines as often as I can, and I kept many of them for a long time.

But I've noticed something strange this year. I've noticed that since about the Spring time (round about March) there's been practically NO magazine distribution AT ALL!Huh

Whereas in years past I would (try) and buy every magazine on a month by month basis (if possible), now I haven't brought a single issue of [i]Score[/i] or [i]Voluptuous[/i] for about 7 or 8 months, on the grounds that literally NO WHERE sells these magazines anymore!Undecided

ALL the usual shops where I used to go to buy them no longer stock them, and haven't done for months now. They sell all the other adult magazines, but never [i]Score[/i] or [i]Voluptuous[/i].

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem. Has someone who used to regularly enjoy buying and reading these magazines, I'm curious as to why both these publications seem to have almost disappeared completely from the retail outlets and shops on the streets.

Could the increase in the use of the internet has lead to the decline of the paper magazines from shops? Huh

If I'm honest, I'm not too worried, because now I've got access to forums like this online where I can indulge material I like to see, but I'm still curious has to why the distribution of the magazines in shops has almost completely dried up, and whether any members (especially those in the UK) have any similar experiences.
Since everything you read on the internet MUST be true, then of course that means that it MUST be the internet!

I can't speak for the UK, but ATP here in the States, these magazines are nearly ONLY available through the following means: 1. Internet 2. Mail delivery.
Well, I now stand somewhat corrected now.

Yesterday I went into a town not far from me, and if I'm honest it's a town that I haven't been into for literally[i] MONTHS [/i](not since the summertime).

I went into a newsagent to buy a paper, and I found (by chance) the [i]Score[/i] Holiday Special 2015 on the shelf.
Needless to say, I brought it immediately. Wink

There's always a section in both [i]Score[/i] and[i] Voluptuous [/i]magazines that show you all the previous magazines. Looking at it, as far as I can tell, the last magazine I got was the April issues (for both publications).

I've not got one since.

Mind you, I'll keep an eye on this particular shop from now on.