Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disappointment
I have thought about this for the past few days, but I am still going to post this here knowing I may be ripped a bit however this is a more forgiving environment that the other forum.

Disappointment.

There has been quite a lot of disappointment in the past few weeks, disappointment that Hillary lost the election, disappointment that Trump won.

One of my model friends was stunned and depressed for a bit. She spent 20 years becoming an American citizen, became one about 3 years ago. And to her horror the creature known as Trump was elected. Her being an immigrant has her worried even though she is now a citizen.

I myself did not vote for him. Don't like or trust him, I've stated it here before. He won, time to get over it and move on. I am disappointed with the constant protests against his win. I understand the dislike, but do you have to destroy some car or shop or block a fucking road to show how pissed off you are? Demonstrate by all means just don't break shit. Let people drive and get home or do their jobs, you can gain more support that way than by blocking everything up.

Even a greater disappointment for me is that people who come to this country have a greater understanding of how our government works than most of those BORN here. What happened to civics classes in school?  When did they stop? Even Trump is currently showing how badly he gets it by saying he will impose TERM Limits on Congress. Not gona happen. For term limits to be enacted there must be a Constitutional Amendment, it will never pass. Congress limit how long they can stay in power? [i]Sure[/i].

John Oliver (like him or hate him) has a better grasp on how the US GOV works and has explained it on his HBO show many times on different subjects, and he is from England. House Reps and Senators still log phone calls especially in regards to legislation. Find who your reps are, pay attention to the legislation that is coming up, then call your reps and let them know what you think or want. They have to log the call and the result of the opinion. In regards to pending bills they are supposed to tally the calls; yes or no; then go to the floor and VOTE AS THE TALLY SHOWS. It's how the NRA gets such overwhelming support for thier bills. There are almost no calls against NRA bills.

[i]     Disappointment[/i] in people who are currently trying to move to Canada because Trump got elected and they are afraid of what he and his supporters will do. If we say we are patriots we need to stay here and fight for ourselves, our friends, and people we don't even know. In my view the preamble to the US Constitution is our best guide. [i]We[/i] are [i]the people[/i], [i]In order to form a more perfect Union[/i] there is a lot of stuff fucked up lack of jobs and pay, [i]Establish Justice[/i] why are people being arrested for walking down the street, [i]Insure Domestic Tranquility[/i] again why are you blocking streets and breaking shit? [i]Provide for the Common Defense[/i] We do have that one pretty much covered, [i]Promote the General Welfare[/i] much needs to be done here, [i]And secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity[/i] the ability to marry and date who you want, to live where you want with no fear of being attacked, dress how you want and not be accosted or groped by some sleezeball no matter his office.

We do not have true equality in this county, it may take a long time. It will take longer if some abandon this country to the elected cheetofaced ferret wearing shitgibbon.  I may not have the money Scalia equated to free speech but my voice is just as loud as the next.
I am an Eagle Scout, I may not have served in the US Military, but I am a Patriot and I will not abandon my county to Trump.
Are you in a fair fight? If so your tactics suck ass.
Overall, a very thoughtful, insightful and mature post. No need to 'rip' you for this one...

Just one thought.
Quote:Disappointment in people who are currently trying to move to Canada because Trump got elected and they are afraid of what he and his supporters will do
How come these outspoken anti-Trump people are talking about moving to Canada? Why not move to Mexico?
Is there something wrong with Mexico?

Is it too 'brown'? Is it too 'Spanish'? Is it too 'Poor'?

I sense that the often spoke-of latent racism that is rooted in the Democratic Party might still be alive and well.
Check out my new story! 
[url=http://forum.bearchive.co/thread-270-post-20860.html#pid20860]http://forum.bearchive.co/thread-270-post-20860.html#pid20860[/url] 
P.S. I do not belong to the Republican party... nor have I ever supported it. I am a Libertarian. (thanks for the huge let-down Gary)
Check out my new story! 
[url=http://forum.bearchive.co/thread-270-post-20860.html#pid20860]http://forum.bearchive.co/thread-270-post-20860.html#pid20860[/url] 
I'm still taking it in. I'm no fan of Hillary Clinton. As a person who has worked very closely with our DoD and military. There are things she did that just leave a bad taste in my mouth. But, I'd take her over Trump. To me, it is the uncertainty that comes along with Trump that makes me concerned. To me, Trump is weak on policy, and strong on rhetoric. I fear there are others that might be strong on policy, that might do more damage. It's the fundie GOP group that really concern me.

But, Trump has an anti-establishment side. Only time will tell if he's a good president or not.

Also, can we please talk about the irony of this situation? Those so-called progressive people that were voting against hate, and violence, and anger ...are... ironically the most hateful, angry, and violent group.
(11-14-2016, 09:30 AM)Bonecracker Wrote: P.S. I do not belong to the Republican party... nor have I ever supported it.  I am a Libertarian.   (thanks for the huge let-down Gary)

Same here, been member of the Canadian party since the late '70s!